The robotic dog and pony are designed to be a source of comfort, especially for residents with advanced dementia.Read the full story ›
Emma Burbury, who has asthma, says living in her severely damp council house in Tideford is affecting her healthRead the full story ›
Health experts say the disease is entirely preventable, but there are fears a shortage of NHS dentists is making the problem worse.Read the full story ›
If you're having mental health problems, you're not alone. One in four people will have problems with mental health at some time in their lives.
Whether you're concerned about yourself or a loved one, these helplines can offer expert advice:
- Anxiety UK - Charity providing support if you've been diagnosed with an anxiety condition - www.anxietyuk.org.uk
- Bipolar UK - A charity helping people living with manic depression or bipolar disorder - www.bipolaruk.org.uk
- Depression Alliance - Charity for sufferers of depression. Has a network of self-help groups - www.depressionalliance.org
- Mind - Promotes the views and needs of people with mental health problems - www.mind.org.uk
- PAPYRUS - Young suicide prevention society - www.papyrus-uk.org
- Rethink Mental Illness - Support and advice for people living with mental illness - www.rethink.org
- Samaritans - Confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair - www.samaritans.org.uk
The practice of putting people experiencing mental health crises in police cells has been completely halted in Devon and Cornwall.Read the full story ›
Mark Sims, a young doctor from Bristol, died from skin cancer last year. His mother say's the book is his legacy.Read the full story ›
The NHS is urging people to donate blood after last week's snow left its stock at very low levels.Read the full story ›
A student at a secondary school in St Austell has been admitted to hospital with meningitis.
The pupil at Penrice Academy is understood to be responding well to treatment. A small number of other pupils - who were in close contact with the youngster - have been offered antibiotics by doctors.
A man and a worman are critically ill in hospital in Salisbury tonight after it's thought they came in contact with an unknown substance.Read the full story ›
Hospitals in Somerset are appealing urgently for drivers of 4x4 vehicles to assist in transporting essential staff.Read the full story ›