Plymouth Argyle defender Ryan Edwards has revealed that he has beaten cancer.
The former Morecambe player has not played for the Pilgrims since 13 January after he was diagnosed with testicular cancer.
He underwent chemotherapy and is now starting light training having been given the all clear.
Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.
According to Prostate Cancer UK most men with early prostate cancer don’t have any signs or symptoms.Read the full story ›
The first response crew were dealing with a possible allergic reaction when the anonymous note was left on their windscreen.Read the full story ›
Susy Hoyle needs a drug which NHS England have refused to fund partly due to the rarity of her progressive condition.Read the full story ›
A hospital in South Devon was put on major alert this evening. Police were called to the site in response to "a threat to the hospital".Read the full story ›
The robotic dog and pony are designed to be a source of comfort, especially for residents with advanced dementia.Read the full story ›
Emma Burbury, who has asthma, says living in her severely damp council house in Tideford is affecting her healthRead the full story ›
Health experts say the disease is entirely preventable, but there are fears a shortage of NHS dentists is making the problem worse.Read the full story ›
If you're having mental health problems, you're not alone. One in four people will have problems with mental health at some time in their lives.
Whether you're concerned about yourself or a loved one, these helplines can offer expert advice:
- Anxiety UK - Charity providing support if you've been diagnosed with an anxiety condition - www.anxietyuk.org.uk
- Bipolar UK - A charity helping people living with manic depression or bipolar disorder - www.bipolaruk.org.uk
- Depression Alliance - Charity for sufferers of depression. Has a network of self-help groups - www.depressionalliance.org
- Mind - Promotes the views and needs of people with mental health problems - www.mind.org.uk
- PAPYRUS - Young suicide prevention society - www.papyrus-uk.org
- Rethink Mental Illness - Support and advice for people living with mental illness - www.rethink.org
- Samaritans - Confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair - www.samaritans.org.uk
The practice of putting people experiencing mental health crises in police cells has been completely halted in Devon and Cornwall.Read the full story ›