Totnes cameraman #paulconroy is now in the UK Embassy in Beirut, PM David Cameron has just announced in The Commons
Our reporter, Jacquie Bird, has spent the day in Totnes gathering reaction in the town. She sent us this report earlier.
A photo-journalist from Devon, injured during bombing in Syria has finally been rescued. 47-year-old Paul Conroy from Totnes, who's married with three children, earlier appealed for help in a video posted on YouTube.
He was hurt during the same bombardment that killed two journalists and seriously injured another.
Kate Conroy tells me she's spoken to her husband Paul and he sounds "very, very well" #Syria
A spokesman for the Sunday Times, which employs Totnes photographer Paul Conroy, has confirmed that he's in Lebanon_
– Sunday Times spokesman
The Sunday Times can confirm that the photographer Paul Conroy is safe and in Lebanon. He is in good shape and good spirits.
Kate Conroy says she's still waiting for official confirmation about the whereabouts of her husband Paul #Syria
Kate Conroy hasn't yet spoken to her injured husband Paul, who's been rescued from the city of Homs in Syria and is now safe in Lebanon
– Kate Conroy, wife of injured photographer Paul
I have heard that he is out. All I can say is that we are delighted and overjoyed at the news.
The father of wounded Devon photographer Paul Conroy's has confirmed has been smuggled out of the Syrian city of Homs to Lebanon. Father-of-three Mr Conroy was injured last week in the bombardment that killed Sunday Times war correspondent Marie Colvin and French photojournalist Remi Ochlik.
– Les Conroy, father of injured photographer Paul Conroy
We've just had word from Beirut. I've got it on the other phone in my other hand.
ITN's Foreign Desk says Paul Conroy is out of Homs and safe in Lebanon. More follows