A man is in a critical condition after an 11,000-volt electric shock. He was at a construction site in Trowbridge when the crane he was working with hit an overhead cable. His heart stopped but an air ambulance arrived within four minutes of getting the call. Robert Murphy reports.
You can find out more about the work of the Wiltshire Air Ambulance here.
Paramedics who helped the crane worker say they were 'vital' in ensuring his survival. This video features interviews with two of them, as well as views of the accident site. The crane worker had been holding the crane's lead when it touched an adjacent power line.
The crane worker, who is in his 30s, suffered a cardiac arrest after the massive electric shock. Ambulance crews used a defibrillator on him and he was partially resuscitated at the scene. He was breathing but unconscious when he was airlifted away.
He is now in a critical condition in the Royal United Hospital in Bath. The man is not from Wiltshire.
ITV News can confirm that a crane worker has had an electric shock after his crane hit an overhead power cable. The accident happened at 9:05am this morning (Wednesday 20 March) on a Trowbridge Rugby Club construction site at Paxcroft.
The worker was the only person injured. He has been airlifted to the Royal United Hospital in Bath, and his family have been informed.