Pregnant woman's BBQ horror

A pregnant woman who was badly burned when her barbecue exploded has given birth to a healthy daughter. Hannah Brain from Bristol had been told her baby might have died in the womb. She and her husband suffered third degree burns.

Live updates

Pregnant woman recalls barbecue horror: full report

A woman who was badly burned when a barbecue exploded has spoken about her relief on giving birth to a healthy baby girl.

Hannah Brain from Bristol was seven months pregnant when the accident happened. Both she and her husband Dave suffered 40% burns.

They thought they were going to lose the baby. But despite the odds, Lexie was born fit and well 2 months later.

Tanya Mercer has been to meet them:

Advertisement

Back to top