Pub fire started accidentally

A fire that damaged an historic pub in Wiltshire in July was started accidentally.

Live updates

Historic pub fire was accidental

The Cross Keys in Royal Wootton Bassett. Credit: ITV News West Country

A fire that damaged an historic pub in Wiltshire was started accidentally.

The roof of the Cross Keys in Royal Wootton Bassett was destroyed in July although crews managed to stop it spreading to neighbouring buildings.

Investigations suggest it was started by an electrical appliance in the top floor but the exact cause may never be known.

Advertisement

Back to top