- West Country (E)
- 12 updates
The parents of a Gloucestershire man who died after taking what police have described as a bad batch of drugs says he paid with his life for 'one stupid mistake'.
30 year old Nick Bonnie, whose mother works in drug rehabilitation, collapsed and died after taking what is believed to have been ecstasy at a warehouse party. Richard Payne reports.
Pauline and Andy Bonnie paid tribute to their son Nick, a Prince's Trust charity worker from Stroud. The 30 year old died after taking drugs at a Manchester nightclub.
The parents of Stroud charity worker Nick Bonnie, who died after collapsing at a Manchester nightclub, have paid tribute to their 'beautiful' son.
The death of the 30 year old, who worked for The Prince's Trust, is suspected to be drugs related. His mother Pauline Bonnie, a drugs rehabilitation worker, has appealed for people to avoid illegal substances.
She has been speaking to ITV News' Dan Rivers..
The family of the man who died after collapsing at a music venue in Trafford have paid tribute to him.30 year old Nick Bonnie from Gloucestershire died at the weekend after becoming ill at a club in Trafford. His family say his death has devastated them.
They go on to say that, "Nick was known by many as having a big heart, big personality and the most infectious smile ..... Our lives and all those who were blessed to share a part in his life, are broken. Our life will never be the same without Nick and he will never be forgotten."
The Prince's Trust has released a statement following the death of a man from Stroud who has died after taking drugs at a nightclub in Manchester. 30 year old Nick Bonnie worked for the charity.
30 year old Nick Bonnie, from Stroud, who died after taking drugs at a nightclub in Manchester this weekend.
A man who died after taking drugs at a nightclub in Manchester this weekend has been named as Nick Bonnie, 30, from Stroud, who worked for the Prince's Trust.
Police say the man who died after taking drugs at a dance event in Manchester had consumed an unknown white powder.
Four of his friends were also taken to hospital.
They've told detectives that they bought their drugs inside the Warehouse Project at the club's opening party.
One woman, who was not with that group and who had bought her drugs elsewhere, was also taken to hospital for treatment after collapsing inside the venue in Old Trafford.
The Warehouse Project says everyone at the venue is deeply saddened by the death of a 30 year old man early this morning.
Police are trying to find out more about a "particularly bad batch of drugs" after a man died and five people were admitted to hospital at a music venue.
They were called to Manchester Royal Infirmary at about 4.30am today after the death of a 30-year-old man who had collapsed at the Warehouse Project in Trafford, Manchester.
Officers say the man, who was from Gloucester, had bought the killer powder inside.
One woman who was taken to hospital had bought the drugs elsewhere.