Fire at OAP bungalows

A fire has severely damaged three bungalows at a sheltered accommodation complex for the elderly in Weavers Drive, Trowbridge, Wiltshire. No one has been injured though a pet dog was killed.

Advertisement

Trowbridge fire: management issue statement

The company which manages the sheltered housing block in Trowbridge which was damaged by fire, has issued this statement today:

We are working closely with the residents and their families to provide all the support they need, offering hotel accommodation to the resident who has had to leave their home. The well-being of our customers is paramount. We are working with the fire service who have not yet established the cause of the fire.

– Claire Williams, District Manager, Anchor

Read more on this story here.

Elderly residents homeless after boiler fire damage

A number of elderly residents have had to leave their homes after a boiler fire ravaged their warden-controlled complex in Trowbridge last night (Saturday 23 November). No one was injured in the blaze on Weaver Road, but a dog has been found dead.

The fire began in one bungalow and spread into the roof space and then to two other bungalows. Six fire crews were needed to extinguish it. The residents whose homes were affected are reportedly now staying with relatives.