A fire at a children's playground in Bristol was started deliberately, according to police.
The fire at The Ranch in Southmead broke out at around 9 o'clock last night.
The adventure playground in Doncaster Road, which has been open since 1955, was engulfed by flames.
Learning Partnership West, which manages the playground, said the community had been "robbed of a vital facility."
A dog has been rescued by firefighters in Bristol after it fell into an icy pond.
The springer spaniel was unable to get to safety after falling into the frozen pond at Eastwood Farm nature reserve in Broomhill.
The owner of two and a half year-old Milo called 999. He slipped through the ice and was in the water for around 25 minutes before he managed to climb up onto an island in the middle of the pond.
When firefighters arrived they used an inflatable walkway to reach the island. They were able to get a lead on to the dog and walked him back to safety. He was unhurt - just cold and wet.
A donkey has been rescued by three fire crews after she became trapped up to her neck in mud overnight. Firefighters arrived at a field in Clapton-in-Gordano, Bristol, to find only the donkey's head exposed above the earth.
They spent around two hours gradually pulling the 15-year-old animal, called Geraldine, from the mud. A spokesman for Avon Fire and Rescue Service said, "By the time crews left the scene she had returned to her stable to warm up and have something to eat."
Firefighters across the region are staging more strikes later in their dispute with the government over pensions.
Members of the Fire Brigades Union will walk out for four hours from 6pm today, and again tomorrow. It's the fourth time they have walked out since September.
Avon Fire service say they attended over 40 incidents last night due to the stormy weather. A number of trees and electricity poles were blown down with one pole in Congresbury causing a small fire when it fell into some trees.
Fire officers say some people in the area may have experienced loss of power to their homes.
Avon Fire & Rescue Service (AF&RS) have warned people to take extra care during bonfire night and firework celebrations as firefighters take part in two national strikes.
Fire Brigades’ Union (FBU) members are in an ongoing dispute with the Government over pensions and will to stage a four and a half hour strike on Friday 1 November between 18.30hrs and 23.00hrs and Monday 4 November between 06.00hrs and 08.00hrs.
A skeleton service will operate during the strike, working alongside a small number of auxiliary firefighters to provide basic support to fully qualified crews.
Firefighters from Bath, Brislington and Kingswood had to deal with a cellar fire at the White Hart hotel and pub in Widcombe in Bath.
13 guests and staff had already evacuated the property in Widcombe Hill when crews arrived in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
Officers believe the fire started accidentally, possibly as a result of some warm towels spontaneously combusting.
The hotel has told ITV News West Country it was a small fire.
Guests were able to return to their rooms shortly afterwards.
Elton Road in Clevedon closed due to a fire at the former St Brandon's school building.
Six fire engine crews are currently in attendance. The fire is now in control.
No injuries reported.
Three homes have been evacuated in Frenchay after a fire involving a van, which was carrying an acetylene cylinder. Fire crews were called to Frenchay Park Road this morning and have put out the fire but are cooling the gas cylinder and using thermal imagery to check for hot spots.
An area of 100m around the van was cordoned off and the houses evacuated in case the cylinder exploded. Six people had to leave their homes. Begbrook Lane has also been closed. The cordon will remain until firefighters are satisfied that there is no longer any risk.