A cruise ship detained by port authorities after failing safety checks is due to leave Avonmouth this evening. The MV Discovery was held in Portland last week with more than 600 passengers on board. They've been given refunds.
Passengers on a cruise ship due have been offered full refunds after their trip was cancelled without warning.
Seven hundred people were on board the Discovery ahead of a 15-day cruise to the Northern Lights when they were told the ship would not be leaving.
The vessel was originally due to leave from Avonmouth, but was re-routed to Portland.
The Maritime and Coastguard Agency has told us that officials went on board the Discovery at the end of last week as part of a routine inspection, and found a number of issues with 'safety management systems'.
This related to crew familiarisation of the ship and training.
The MCA ordered that the vessel should remain in place until the owners had made a number of improvements.
Seven hundred passengers have been told that their cruise, a two-week trip around Norway, has been suddenly cancelled.
The Discovery was originally scheduled to sail from Avonmouth but, due to tidal restrictions, it was re-routed to Portland in Dorset at the end of last week.
24 coaches transferred all passengers to Portland but the Captain then informed everyone on board that the cruise could not go ahead due to 'technical reasons'.
Passengers will all receive a full refund and £250 compensation per person.
The firm says that Discovery should be ready for its next scheduled departure from Avonmouth on March 15th.
With the possibilty of more snow in the next 24 hours, extra supplies of grit are being shipped into Bristol. Nine hundred tons are due to arrive in Avonmouth from Northern Ireland.
They will replenish supplies used on the city's streets since Friday's snowfall. But the more immediate problem for many is ice, especially on untreated pavements. Richard Payne reports.
Portway Park and Ride in Avonmouth could get its own rail station by next autumn. Bristol City Council has already set aside money for the project, which needs final approval from the government
It would provide a link through to Temple Meads. The station would be the first built in Bristol for sixteen years.
A new food waste plant will be opened in Bristol by the food minister David Heath this morning. The plant at the sewage treatment works in Avonmouth will use waste from homes and businesses to generate enough electricity to power 3,000 homes.
Police have formally identified the man whose body was found at a recycling plant in Avonmouth.
22-year-old Garrett Elsey had just arrived in Bristol from Canada to begin a masters degree.
Mystery surrounds exactly what happened after a night out with a friend - but somehow Garrett ended up in a recycling bin.
Police say his death is not being treated as suspicious.
Richard Payne has the latest: