Detectives believe the distinctive smell of a men’s aftershave could be an important clue in their hunt for a sex attacker in Bradley Stoke.
The woman was sexually assaulted as she walked across a bridge near Bradley Stoke after a night out last Saturday (June 6th).
They say they want to hear from anyone in the Bradley Stoke area who knows a man who wears Paco Rabanne 1 Million – the perfume the attacker’s 22-year-old victim has identified.
Police have been carrying out extra patrols in the area, a path called Concorde Way that runs beneath Bradley Stoke Way.
Signs appealing for information have been put on fences and lampposts, and officers have carried out house-to-house calls and have spoken to people who use the route.
There will be an increased police presence in the area on Saturday as officers step up their appeal for witnesses and information, and seek to reassure the public.
Detective Inspector Dom Graham is leading the investigation and says it was a "particularly nasty and unprovoked stranger assault."
Police are investigating after a woman reported being seriously sexually assaulted in Bradley Stoke on Saturday night, June 6.
The 22-year-old was allegedly assaulted at around 11.45pm as she was on her way home from a night out in an area near to the Three Brooks nature reserve, the underpass and The Bluebells road.
Officers cordoned the area off to allow crime scene investigators to carry out an examination of the scene. The Bradley Stoke 10k, due to be run on the Sunday, was re-routed as a result.
Anyone with information should call 101 and quote reference 59726/15.
Bradley Stoke has been announced as the first town in South Gloucestershire to benefit from a multi-million pound superfast broadband deal.
Homes and businesses in the area will be able to order fibre broadband services by summer 2014.
By the end of March 2015, 94% of premises in South Gloucestershire will have access to superfast speeds of 24Mbps and above.
- Erin tweeted: "Sarah Port's death really makes you realise how precious life is and how easily it can be snatched away, rip Sarah, thoughts to her family x"
- Another friend wrote: "just heard about sarah port, such sad news. our school will make sure you're remembered, rest in peace"
- Amy Short wrote: "rip sarah port, you were a lovely girl. thoughts to the family and friends. love u xx"
The thoughts and prayers of the whole school community are with her family and friends at this time of tragic loss and grief.
13 year old Sarah Port died after contracting streptococcal septicaemia during the family holiday to Spain.
Social media has been flooded with tributes for the year eight pupil at Bradley Stoke Community School.
A woman who ran a brothel in Bradley Stoke has been ordered to repay £1,115 and given a one year community order.
An investigation was launched earlier this year after police received reports of men calling at an address in Boursland Close and that young women were also seen there.
Enquiries suggested the address was being used as a brothel.
Police were given a search warrant and subsequently, 46-year-old Jana Chmelickova was charged with keeping a brothel.
During the warrant £1,115 cash was found at the premises.
Jana Chmelickova appeared at Bristol Crown Court today and was given a one-year community order and subject to a curfew for three months.
The court heard that Chmelickova's benefit from crime was £1,115 and the cash was confiscated under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
Parents in Bath say they're shocked after discovering their children have been served horsemeat in their school dinners.
Many headteachers and parents were told last night that minced beef served in lunches at more than 50 schools run by Bath and North East Somerset Council had tested positive for traces of equine meat.
Laura Makin-Isherwood reports:
Tests have confirmed that beef mince used for school meals in Bath and North East Somerset in December contained horsemeat.
The meat came from the supplier Welsh Bros Foods. 49 primary schools and 10 early years centres used the mince.
The council has now withdrawn all products from the supplier and beef mince has been removed from school menus.
The Food Standards Agency says there's no evidence of any risk to consumers.
The owner of a Somerset abattoir business caught up in the horsemeat scandal has denied doing anything wrong.
Tests revealed horses slaughtered by Stephen Potter contained a potentially harmful painkiller. He claims carcasses were being passed off as beef as long as 12 months ago and that a complete overhaul of the system which regulates the industry is needed.