Live updates

Two bailed in Bristol pensioner murder probe

Two people arrested in connection with the murder of a pensioner four years ago have been released on bail.

Barry Rubery, 68, was found with fatal head wounds in the conservatory of his home in Iron Acton on the morning of April 29 2010 by a friend.

Two men arrested in connection with the death of pensioner Barry Rubery have been bailed. Credit: PA Wire

The retired farm worker's ankles and wrists had been bound together with cables.

The pair, aged 30 and 19, were detained at addresses in Bristol and Peterborough yesterday.

Avon and Somerset Police said they have now been released on police bail, pending further inquiries.

Counter Terrorism Unit takes over Yusra Hussien investigation

The investigation into a missing schoolgirl from Bristol, believed to be travelling to Syria, has been handed to the South East Counter Terrorism Unit.

It is hoped the unit's international links will enable Yusra Hussien to be traced.

Avon and Somerset Police say they will continue to work with Yusra's family and the local community in Easton.

Advertisement

Mother of missing schoolgirl makes emotional appeal

The family of missing Bristol girl, Yusra Hussien give an emotional appeal Credit: ITV

The family of a missing Bristol school girl have spoke to the media for the first time since their daughter's disappearance.

Speaking at a press conference in Bristol today, Yusra Hussien's mother told reporters she didn't believe her daughter has been 'radicalised' by terrorist websites.

Yusra is believed to have gone to Turkey in a bid to get into Syria.

Advertisement

Two arrested over Barry Rubery murder

Barry Rubery was found dead at his home in 2010.

Detectives investigating the murder of Barry Rubery, from Iron Acton, near Bristol, have arrested two men.

Mr Rubery, 68, was found dead at his home on April 28 2010.

The two men, aged 30 and 19, were arrested yesterday evening at addresses in Bristol and Peterborough.

They are in custody and are being questioned at a police station in Avon and Somerset.

Family await news of missing Bristol teenager

The family of a missing girl from Bristol believed to be heading to join extremists in Syria are still waiting for news.

The 15-year-old is thought to have met up with a 17-year-old girl from London and headed to Turkey, where they are trying to cross the border into Syria. The teenager vanished from home last week amid fears she's been radicalised.

Family say they have "lost a daughter" and "she is in danger"

A spokeswoman for the family of the 15 year old Bristol schoolgirl who is thought to be heading for Syria has said they have 'lost a daughter' and believe she is 'in danger'.

Anira Khokhar addressed a gathering of reporters and cameramen in the girl's home district of Easton.

Load more updates