Missing Vasco Macedo from Chard has been found safe and well.
Vasco went missing on the night of 26 May - police were very concerned about him as he has learning difficulties and is described as "vulnerable".
We would like to thank the public and media during the search for Vasco, who has been reunited with his family.
The family of a missing vulnerable man from Chard have launched an emotional appeal as they try to track him down.Read the full story ›
A man's died and a woman is fighting for her life in hospital following a car accident near Chard in SomersetRead the full story ›
The parents of a woman who was found dead with her husband at their home in Wellings Close in Chard say they are devastated at their loss.
A post mortem examination revealed that 42-year-old Tracey Baker died from multiple head injuries and her husband, 35-year-old Kevin Baker, strangled himself.
We are devastated after Tracey’s life was so cruelly taken on 5 July, leaving behind her three children – Jessica, George and Loren.
We are extremely grateful for the support we’ve been given and for the messages of condolence that we have received since Tracey’s death.
An inquest is due to open into the deaths of a husband and wife found dead in Chard.
The bodies of 35 year old Kevin and 42 year old Tracey Baker were found at their home in Wellings Close on Sunday morning. A post mortem examination revealed that Mrs Baker died from multiple head injuries and her husband strangled himself.
Police say a husband and wife found dead at their home in Somerset last week were Kevin and Tracey Baker.
A post-mortem has revealed that Mrs Baker, who was 42, died from multiple head injures, and her 35-year-old husband strangled himself.
Their bodies were found at their house in Chard on Sunday morning.
Police say they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths, but enquiries continue.
People have been allowed back home after a fire at a furniture warehouse in Somerset.
Crews spent the night tackling the fire in East Street in Chard. Houses nearby were evacuated because of fears about gas cylinders and asbestos on site.
It is understood the owner need treatment for burns to his hands.
Crews have spent the night tackling a fire at a furniture warehouse in Chard. They were called to the building in East Street just after 8pm yesterday evening.
There were gas cylinders inside so a 200m cordon was put in place and residents were moved out of neighbouring properties. There was also asbestos involved so decontamination has taken place.
The building has been 100% damaged by fire. Firefighters are still at the scene but the incident has been scaled down.
A giant water slide has been set up in Chard town centre.
During the course of the day up to 300 hundred people are expected to head down it.
The event was the brainchild of Mayor Jenny Kenton, who's hoping the slide will help put Chard on the map.
Money raised from the event will go to the Mayor’s five charities – Chard Museum, Chard and Crewkerne After Stroke Care, Chard Carers Support Group, Chard Town Team and Chard Area Youth Committee.
The event replicates an event in Bristol earlier this year, which saw people travel from all over the country to take part.
The slide is open for everyone over the age of six. Those under 1.20 metres tall will be able to head down later in the afternoon when the slide is shortened to allow younger children to take part.
A vacuum manufacturer in Somerset has been forced to redesign its products following new laws banning more powerful cleaners.
Numatic in Chard has had to adapt its Henry range of cleaners to follow EU laws to make machines more environmentally-friendly.
Some shops had reported a rise in sales of the more powerful cleaners ahead of the ban. Robert Murphy reports.