In a few hours time gates will open for the third day of this year's Cheltenham Festival and it's St Patrick's Day.
They’ll be plenty of Guinness available on tap and performances from Irelands very own ‘The Dublin Legends’, as well as all the action on the course, including the two big races the World Hurdle and the Ryanair Chase.
ST PATRICK'S DAY PROCEEDINGS (THURSDAY)
- 13.30 The JLT Novices’ Chase
- 14.10 The Pertemps Network Final
- 14.50 The Ryanair Steeple Chase
- 15.30 The Ryanair World Hurdle
- 16.10 The Brown Advisory & Merriebelle Stable Plate
- 16.50 The Trull House Stud Mares Novices’ Hurdle
- 17.30 The Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Steeple Chase (0-145)
It's day two of the Cheltenham Festival and thousands have descended on Prestbury Park for Ladies Day.Read the full story ›
Somerset trainer Paul Nicholls wins 4.50pm race, the G3 Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle with Diego du Charmil risen by Gloucestershire jockey Sam Twiston-Davies.
It was a narrow victory with two contenders falling at the final hurdle.
It's the second victory of the day for the Twiston-Davies family, father Nigel trained the winner of the RSA Chase, Blaklion.
Our Weather Presenter Alex Beresford has swapped the studio for the races - we've sent him out to this year's Festival.Read the full story ›
There's been another West Country winner at the #CheltenhamFestival as Blaklion, trained by Gloucestershire trainer Nigel Twiston-Davies drives home in the 2.10.
They won the second race of the day the RSA Chase with Blaklion ridden by jockey Ryan Hatch.
Three horses died on the opening day of Cheltenham Festival, an unusually high number for a single afternoon.
The Govaness died in a fall at the last in the OLBG Mares' Hurdle. Pont Alexandre broke down during the National Hunt Chase for amateur riders. Finally, Rezorbi, trained by Jonjo O'Neill, suffered a fatal fall in the Close Brothers Novice Handicap Chase.
The deaths marred Cheltenham's opening day, but it is not unusual, with eight horses killed in last year's festival.
Bristol City are investigating a 'urinating incident' at Cheltenham Festival after several players were photographed at the scene.Read the full story ›
In a few hours time gates will open for the second day of this year's Cheltenham Festival.
Wednesday at the Festival is Ladies Day, giving racing fans an opportunity to enjoy the very best in jump racing, as well as dressing up in all their finery to join in with the fashionable crowd of racegoers.
As part of this year's celebrations, the Festival are also hosting a best-dressed lady competition offering prizes for the best-dressed among them.
LADIES DAY PROCEEDINGS (WEDNESDAY)
- 13.30 The Neptune Investment Management Novices’ Hurdle Race
- 14.10 The RSA Steeple Chase - Favourite: More of That (9/4)
- 14.50 The Coral Cup Hurdle (A Handicap Hurdle Race)
- 15.30 The Betway Queen Mother Champion Steeple Chase
- 16.10 The Glenfarclas Cross Country Steeple Chase
- 16.50 The Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle Race
- 17.30 The Weatherbys Champion Bumper (A Standard Open NH Flat Race)
200 miles of tweed is worn at the #CheltenhamFestival each year, we've been checking out the best tweed attires at this year's Champion's Day.
It's day one of the Cheltenham Festival and thousands have descended on Prestbury Park for the biggest event in the racing calendar.Read the full story ›