The sun was out at Cheltenham today as the final preparations were made for the start of the festival on Tuesday
A pothole victim says something has to be done after he claims a pothole caused hundreds of pounds worth of damage to his car in Cheltenham
While we've been decorating our trees this Christmas, at the National Star College in Gloucestershire they've been planting them.
A £45 million redevelopment of the spectator areas of Cheltenham racecourse will begin just ten days after this years festival.
Our sports corespondent Matthias Kurth spoke to managing director Ian Renton about the revamp:
Simon Claisse the Clerk of the course at Cheltenham says preparations for this year's festival have been a little smoother despite the recent bad weather. This time last year, freezing temperatures hampered work with much of the course being covered with protective sheeting to guard against frost.
Tomorrow (Tues) sees the start of this year's Cheltenham Festival - the biggest annual sporting event in the region and the spiritual home of national hunt horse racing.
Around 235,000 people are expected to descend on the famous old Gloucestershire race course over the next four days, which culminates, of course, with the Gold Cup on Friday.
The owner of a successful restaurant is giving away her business to a charity. Linda Jones says that she could have sold the Pepper Crescent Bistro in Cheltenham, but wanted to ensure that it continues for a good cause.
So she's giving it to the National Star College Charities, so that students can use it for training and work.
One of the world's biggest and most famous racehorse festivals gets underway next week and that means a huge boost for businesses in one part of our region.
The Cheltenham Festival attracts people from across the world and our Gloucestershire Correspondent Ken Goodwin has been talking to businesses in the town, who are ready for the busiest and most profitable week of the year.
Gloucestershire Police have made two arrests after a number of robberies in Cheltenham. A 36 year old man and a 22 year old man, both from Cheltenham have been arrested on suspicion of robbery and bailed pending further inquiries.
It comes after a woman had her bag stolen after being threatened with a knife last week, and another woman had her handbag and shopping bags taken in a separate incident on 30th January.
Other incidents have been reported in St George's Place, Gloucester Road, Western Road and Malvern Road in January and February.
– Inspector Roddy Gosden
My team continues to carry out a number of inquiries in this case but we hope these arrests help reassure the public that we're making progress.
"We're still investigating whether all of the incidents were committed by the same person or not but we would continue to urge people to be conscious of their personal safety and report anything suspicious to us immediately.
Following earlier over-running engineering works between Gloucester & Cheltenham Spa all lines have now reopened.Services will resume soon.