Two people from South Wales have been convicted of conspiracy to import in excess of 1.5m worth of controlled drugs, seized in Bristol.Read the full story ›
Police officers have seized more than 300 cannabis plants with a street value of more than £250,000 in St George, Bristol.
Police raided a house in Fir Tree Lane on Thursday morning following complaints from members of the public about anti-social behaviour.
At the address officers found the cannabis plants along with drug-growing paraphernalia including special lighting and growing equipment, which have now been recovered.
Police are appealing for anyone who has seen or heard anything suspicious in the Firtree Lane area recently, or who has any other information which could help our inquiry, to call 101 and quote log number 228 of 21 January.
70 offenders have been jailed for a total of 181 years for their part in the supply of Class A drugs.Read the full story ›
A teenager who was rushed to in a serious condition after suffering what may have been a severe reaction to a drug, Cannabidiol, bought online, is recovering well.
18 year old woman from Gloucestershire was taken seriously ill yesterday. Police advice is never to buy or use any kind of drug obtained online.
Aimi Garidis, whose husband died from a lethal cocktail of drugs, says legalising drugs is the only way for society to take control.
I'm angry at the lack of support he received, he was definitely not a criminal, he was a good man, a good family man.
He worked hard, and he should have been given support for his problem.
Rose Humphries lost two sons to heroin.
She also says it was the fault of the laws surrounding the drug, rather than the drug itself.
A film made to try and stop people from taking drugs will be shown in local cinemas in Swindon.Read the full story ›
Somerset mum makes powerful plea against drink driving following the death of her daughter in Taunton.Read the full story ›
Avon and Somerset Police are beginning a campaign to stop drink and drug driving over Christmas by publicly naming offenders.Read the full story ›
Sixteen more men have been charged with drug offences as part of an on-going investigation in Bristol.
The men were arrested during a second consecutive day of dawn raids following a six-month investigation into the supply of drugs in the city.
All 16 men are due to appear at Bristol Magistrates' Court.
Those charged and their charges are:
- Devon Sawyers, 51, of Morton Street, Lawrence Hill - six counts of supplying a Class B drug (cannabis)
- Steven Fudge, 46, of Southlands, Bath - two counts of supplying a Class A drug (heroin)
- Odeen Inling, 22, of Haltson Drive, St Paul's - one count of offering supply a Class A drug (heroin) and three counts of supplying a Class A drug (heroin and cocaine)
- Darryl Thomas, 40, of Goodhind Street, Easton - two counts of supplying a Class A drug (heroin)
- 17-year-old boy from Bristol - three counts of supplying a Class A drug (cocaine)
- Montel Edwards, 19, of Essery Road, Easton - six counts of supplying a Class A drug (heroin and cocaine)
- Wayne Jones, 42, of Badminton Road, St Paul's - one count of supplying a Class B drug (cannabis)
- Ira Tyler, 42, of Mina Road, St Werburghs - four counts of supplying a Class A drug (heroin and cocaine)
- Sharmarke Haybe, 22, of Payne Drive, Easton - four counts of supplying a Class A drug (heroin and cocaine)
- Ricky Passco, 25, of High Street, Easton - six counts of supplying a Class A drug (heroin and cocaine)
- Montell Holver, 19, Rousham Road, Eastville - 16 counts of supplying a Class A drug (heroin and cocaine)
- Jerhyse Jones, 23, of Wilder Street, St Paul's - 14 counts of supplying a Class A drug (heroin and cocaine)
- Morgan Morrison, 44, of no fixed abode - four counts of supplying a Class A drug (heroin and cocaine)
- Nicholas McClean, 26, of Chaplin Road, Easton - five counts of supplying a Class A drug (heroin and cocaine)
- Geele Egal, 19, of St Mark's Road, Easton - five counts of supplying a Class A drug (heroin and cocaine)
- Romario Archer, 20, of Mary Carpenter Place, St Werburghs - five counts of supplying a Class A drug (heroin and cocaine)
Fourteen people have been arrested for Class A drugs offences following the biggest crackdown in years on Bristol's suspected dealers.Read the full story ›