The B3162 at Broadwindsor in Dorset is closed between the B3163 and Norway Lane (Lewesdon Hiill). Several tonnes of mud and trees are on the road following a landslip. The Council Highways department is dealing with the problem.
This is one example of the flooding that has hit the West Country, causing big delays during the rush hour. Our Somerset Correspondent David Woodland took this shot of the A38 near Wellington where surface water meant one lane was impassable.
The Met Office has now released its rainfall figures for the 12 hours between 9pm last night and 9am this morning.
- Filton, South Glos 62.8 mm
- Liscombe, Somerset 54.4 mm
- Little Rissington, Gloucestershire 41.8 mm
- Winchcombe Sudeley Castle, Gloucestershire 40.4 mm
- Westonbirt, Gloucestershire 38.8 mm
- Boscombe Down, Wiltshire 30.2 mm
- Yeovilton, Somerset 30 mm
- Lyneham, Wiltshire 30 mm
This radar picture from the Met Office shows the pattern of heavy rain moving across the West Country overnight
The Met Office has issued figures for the rainfall in the 12 hours between 7pm yesterday and 7am today
- Filton, South Glos 47.8 mm
- Liscombe, Somerset 38.4 mm
Many areas in region clear of heavy rain. Its moving off to N & E. Some showers behind it. Still a lot of surface water on roads. Take careFrom @bobsweather on Twitter:
In 2007, Ken Goodwin sent this report
Five years ago our reporter Ken Goodwin sent this report in the aftermath of the worst floods in a century