People living near Compton Bassett advised to keep windows and doors shut overnight after a large fire at a landfill site.Read the full story ›
The house fire in Bath which claimed the life of a 64-year-old man was found to have started accidentally.
Four fire engines were alerted to the incident at a two-storey detached house early on Monday morning.
A 64 year-old man in a serious condition was rescued by firefighters from a first floor bedroom. He was taken to hospital by ambulance but sadly later passed away.
A second man, aged 92 years-old, was also rescued by firefighters from a second bedroom. He was also taken to hospital after suffering burns and smoke inhalation.
Crews say a third man, believed to be a neighbour who entered the property to help before emergency services arrived, was also treated for the effects of smoke inhalation but was discharged at the scene.
An investigation has been launched by the fire service in Bristol after they were called to three separate arson attacks in the early hours of 1st April.
All three fires happened in the space of two hours. The first in Tockington at around 1:30am where a van had been torched.
The second incident in Shirehampton where firefighters found a car on fire, and then a final blaze at a garage in Longwell Green at 3:30am.
The causes of the fires were all deemed deliberate.
A pensioner has been found dead at a bungalow that was destroyed by a fire in Cornwall.Read the full story ›
A pensioner is feared to have died in a fire that destroyed a bungalow in Cornwall.Read the full story ›
Fire broke out in the early hours of the morning at a property in the Somerset town.Read the full story ›
A devastating fire broke out yesterday afternoon at a popular pub in Cornwall. The Finnygook Inn is closed until further notice.Read the full story ›
A Grade II listed thatched property has been reduced to a "shell" in a fireRead the full story ›
People staying at the Halfway House Inn near Wadebridge were evacuated in the middle of last night after a fire ripped through the pub.Read the full story ›
Video credit: Jack Collins
Fire services are currently tackling a fire that has engulfed a warehouse used as a pet supply store at Yate industrial estate.
The warehouse has been evacuated and a cordon has been put in place as people in buildings nearby are being advised to keep away.
Fire crews from Yate, Kingswood, Temple and Thornbury fire stations are using jets and high pressure hose reels to extinguish the flames.
The electricity at properties in the area may temporarily be affected as a result.
Avon and Somerset Police are controlling traffic at the scene.