The Environment Agency has issued five flood warnings affecting our region. If you are at risk of flooding you are advised to take the usual steps to protect yourself and your property.
- Somerset coast at Portishead and Portbury Dock, seafront properties
- Somerset coast at Clevedon, seafront properties
- Somerset coast at Blue Anchor, seafront properties
- Tidal River Avon at Pill and Shirehampton, Watch House Road and Station Road areas
- Somerset coast at Porlock Weir
You can keep up with developments on the Environment Agency website.
The Environment Agency has issued a flood warning for the River Chew from Chew Stoke to Keynsham near Bristol.
20 to 30mm of rain was forecast to fall between 6 pm tonight and 6 am tomorrow (Saturday), with up to 40mm possible in isolated areas.
Levels on the River Chew at Compton Dando are stable but are expected to rise reaching flood warning status at about 3am on Saturday morning.
People whose homes are at risk should take appropriate action.
River Tone from Bishops Hull to North Curry
Sampford Brett Bridge on the A358 and Sampford Mill Farm
People living in vulnerable areas asked to move valuables upstairs and leave homes.
People living in a vulnerable area asked to take action, to leave their homes and move valuables upstairs.