The hotel was devastated by fire in 2008. Redevelopment plans had been accepted but the bright colour scheme has now been revealed.Read the full story ›
Avon and Somerset Police have begun a murder investigation after a hit and run in Burnham-On-Sea. A 34-year-old man has been arrested.Read the full story ›
What was left at Highbridge Caravan Centre after fire crews tackled a massive blaze - the fire caused more than £1m worth of damage.Read the full story ›
A fire which tore through a family-owned caravan centre in the early hours has destroyed more than a hundred caravans worth over £1 million.
More than 60 people called the emergency services and a fleet of 10 fire engines were mobilised to Highbridge Caravan Centre in Somerset - where the blaze was eventually brought under control.
Philip Davies, Director of Highbridge Caravans, praised the quick-thinking actions of a security guard who raised the alarm.
We are devastated that this has happened...More than 100 caravans have been destroyed and as each has a value of around £10 to £15,000 the overall figure will be around £1million.
I'm thankful that our security guard spotted the fire early and thank the emergency services for their work - we had ten fire engines at the peak of the incident.
The cause is not yet known but it is originally through to have started in a shed or fence on the perimeter of the site.
No one was hurt, and since no buildings were damaged the workshop, sales area and awnings shop are still open for business.
Firefighters working to contain a huge fire which tore though a caravan centre in Somerset have confirmed that around 160 caravans have been damaged.
Crews are still damping down hot spots at the Highbridge Caravan Centre on Bristol Road.
No one was injured - investigations into the cause of the fire are underway.
Firefighters have spent the night tackling a huge fire at a caravan centre in Somerset which caused a series of explosions.Read the full story ›
A Somerset pensioner has spoken exclusively to ITV News West Country about the moment he came face to face with a gunman in the Tunisian terrorist attack in which 38 holidaymakers died.
Keith Hawkes, a former Gurkha from Highbridge, risked his own life when he ran towards the gunfire to see how he could help those being shot. He says there was a second gunman firing at tourists.
Mr Hawkes said: "All of a sudden there was three or four very loud bangs. I recognised these bangs as gunshots straight away having experienced it many, many times during my army service. I looked down across the pool and I could see people running towards us."
"Everybody then got up and started to run. I grabbed hold of my wife and we both took cover behind a wall."
"I looked round and saw a man with an AK47 rifle slung across the front of his body. He wasn't actually looking at me, he was looking down at a phone that he had in his hand. Someone shouted that he was another gunman."
"There was an injured person just to our right and we were talking to him, telling him to keep quiet and not to move."
"Then there was another loud bang and he'd fired a shot in the reception area. We were just so, so lucky. The bullets came in our direction. I know that because we were immediately below the glass doors"
"I looked down to my left and I saw there was a man with his head in his hands who was sobbing. He told me he had just lost his wife. He said they just shot her through the neck and what could I do? I just had to console him. That's all I could do."
"I then went down to the swimming pool and picked up some towels and began to cover the bodies."
Roger Williams has dropped legal proceedings against his former partner after she went on the run with their three-year-old son.
Rebecca Minnock will now face no further action after she breached court orders by fleeing her home on May 27, following a ruling her son Ethan should live with his 39-year-old father.
After handing herself in two weeks later, Mr Williams said he wished to pursue the 35-year-old for breaching 10 court orders made during the custody battle for Ethan
But today, his barrister told Judge Stephen Wildblood QC, sitting at Bristol Magistrates' Court, that he wished to drop the application and "draw a line".
My client observes that this is a case which has been characterised by a long history of breaches of court orders at multiple stages of proceedings by the respondent, the mother Miss Minnock.
He does feel that it is important that the mother understands that any future breaches will be met by an application of this sort.
In view of the fact Ethan has been returned home to his care, and that he is happy and settled at home and contact has been started my client wishes to draw a line under the previous breaches.
Rebecca Minnock is due in court this morning as she faces committal proceedings launched by her ex-partner, Roger Williams.
Two court hearings will take place in Bristol - with the second tomorrow - which could see the mother-of-one jailed for being in contempt of court.
Rebecca Minnock, who went on the run with her three-year-old son during a bitter custody battle could be jailed.
The 25-year-old is facing committal proceedings launched by her ex-partner Roger Williams after she defied two court orders concerning their son Ethan Williams.
Two court hearings will take place in Bristol this week, which could see the mother-of-one jailed for contempt of court.
Judge Stephen Wildblood QC said would there would be a directions hearing on Wednesday, ahead of the full hearing on Friday. Both will be heard at Bristol Magistrates' Court.