A man is appearing in court today charged with sexual assault on a girl under the age of 13 after an incident at a house in Weymouth yesterday.
The 25-year-old man will appear before Weymouth Magistrates Court charged with sexual assault and trespass on a premises with intent to commit a sexual act.
Police were called to reports of an intruder at an address in the Melcombe Regis area of the town a little before 7 o clock yesterday.
Officers attended and a man who was located in the house and subsequently arrested.
Police have appealed for witnesses after a 14-year-old girl was sexually assaulted while walking home from school in Cheltenham.
The incident happened in Brunswick Street on Monday 18 January when the girl, who was walking with a friend, was approached by a man who pushed her against the wall of the Matalan car park and sexually assaulted her, before running off towards St Paul's Road.
The man police are looking for is described as 6 feet tall and black, wearing blue denim jeans, a black Puffa jacket with the hood up and a long navy blue scarf.
Police have now released an e-fit with the help of the victim. They are asking for anyone with information to come forward and call 101 or Crimestoppers.
Parents and children in the area are being advised to stay alert and call police immediately if they see anyone acting suspiciously.
Rail Minister and Devizes MP Claire Perry says she's "proud" to have suggested women-only train carriages last year as a way of making the railways safer.
Labour leadership frontrunner Jeremy Corbyn has come in for a string of criticism for suggesting the same thing in a speech last night. He said the idea could provide a solution to the rise in assault and harassment on public transport.
In an interview with Ian Axton, Perry said she wasn't embarrassed that she came up with the idea and commissioned research into it from Middlesex University - research which changed her views.
Detectives believe the distinctive smell of a men’s aftershave could be an important clue in their hunt for a sex attacker in Bradley Stoke.
The woman was sexually assaulted as she walked across a bridge near Bradley Stoke after a night out last Saturday (June 6th).
They say they want to hear from anyone in the Bradley Stoke area who knows a man who wears Paco Rabanne 1 Million – the perfume the attacker’s 22-year-old victim has identified.
Police have been carrying out extra patrols in the area, a path called Concorde Way that runs beneath Bradley Stoke Way.
Signs appealing for information have been put on fences and lampposts, and officers have carried out house-to-house calls and have spoken to people who use the route.
There will be an increased police presence in the area on Saturday as officers step up their appeal for witnesses and information, and seek to reassure the public.
Detective Inspector Dom Graham is leading the investigation and says it was a "particularly nasty and unprovoked stranger assault."
Officers investigating a sexual assault in Shaftesbury are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information to come forward.
The incident happened at 9.40pm on Saturday 28 February 2015 in the Kings Arms pub in Bleke Street.
The victim, a 41-year-old local woman, was standing at the bar when an unknown man approached sexually assaulted her.
He was wearing blue jeans, a checked shirt and a hooded top with the zip done up.
A Barnstaple man has appeared in court charged with two counts of sexual assault.
54 year old Michael Sherwood has been remanded in custody to appear at Exeter Crown Court on 22nd May.
The offences relate to sexual assaults of a 15 year-old girl between January and March this year in North Devon.
Police in Taunton have released a series of CCTV images as part of their investigation into a sexual assault in Taunton.
A 20-year-old woman was followed by a man as she walked through the town centre at around 2.35am on Thursday 27 November.
When she reached Kilkenny House in Cheddon Road, the man grabbed and sexually assaulted her.
The man in the images is described as white, about 5ft 8ins, of skinny build, in his late thirties, with stubble.
He was wearing a green jacket with a hood over the top of a light coloured grey or white hooded top, and loose fitting cream or light coloured trousers. He was generally scruffy looking.
"I can confirm we are taking a close look into whether there is a link between this incident and any others in the area."
"Two men previously arrested in connection with this investigation have been released without charge and we are now focussing on identifying the man in these images and we are asking the public to help us with this."
Detective Constable, Darren Bowden, Avon & Somerset Police
Police are appealing for information about a sexual assault that took place a week ago in the Upper Eastville area of Bristol.
The victim is a 33-year-old man. The incident happened around 10pm on Monday 22nd April.
As he walked towards the Ridgeway Road bridges, walking towards Rose Green Road, he was approached by two men who grabbed him and then subjected him to the assault.
The offenders are described as white men and were wearing hooded tops covering their faces.
Police say they have increased our patrols in the area and a dedicated team from Operation Bluestone are working on the case.
A new support centre for victims of rape and sexual assault has been announced for Avon and Somerset.
The centre is one of four announced by the Government, and will be backed by £4 million pounds worth of funding. They will open within the next year, bringing the total number of centres across England and Wales to 78.
Around 473,000 women and men are sexually assaulted each year, according to recent figures, with one in 20 women reported as being a victim of a serious sexual offence. But only 54,000 sexual offences are recorded by police on average each year.
Since the 2010 coalition agreement, nine new centres have opened in Northumbria, Leeds, Southend, Suffolk and mid-Wales Hereford, Devon, Dorset and Trafford.