Live updates

Advertisement

Buses affected by fatal crash in Bath

Credit: ITV News

There is a limited First Bus service in Bath this morning due to a fatal accident that has blocked the entrance to its depot.

A serious crime scene, following a road traffic accident that happened in the early hours of this morning (not involving First Bus), has blocked the entrance to the First Bus depot on Lower Bristol Road.

Therefore, unfortunately, First Bus is unable to mobilise its 150 strong bus fleet and will be operating a very limited service in Bath this morning until such time as the police clear the crime scene.

– Firstbus spokesperson

The firm apologises for the inconvenience and says it is making every effort to secure buses from elsewhere across its network.

It is running a limited service between Bath and Bristol and on the Park and Ride but in the main services won’t operate.

Advertisement

Snow showers expected with yellow weather warning

Yellow warning Thursday (12/01)

Devon and Cornwall:

Occasional snow showers which could bring around 2 cm of snow in low level places. 5-10 cm of snow is possible on higher ground (200m+ above sea level).

There is the potential for disruption to transport networks with longer journey times. Icy stretches on untreated roads and pavements are also possible.

Somerset, Bristol, Dorset, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire:

There's potential for rain to turn rapidly to snow in the cold air. However, there is a great deal of uncertainty over the track and intensity of this weather system, meaning that confidence is low in the amount and extent of any snow.

As skies clear on Thursday night there is also potential for widespread ice to form quite rapidly on untreated surfaces.

Yellow warning Friday (13/01)

Devon, Cornwall and Somerset:

Further showers of snow, sleet and hail will continue across parts of the UK. 2 to 4 cm of snow may affect some lowland areas, while high ground may see locally 5 to 10 cm.

Disruption to transport networks seems likely either due to snow or ice.

Josh Clayton inquest suspended over new evidence

Josh Clayton went missing on Tresco in September 2015 Credit: Family

The inquest into the death of a bar tender who went missing on the Isles of Scilly has been adjourned in the light of new evidence.

23-year-old Josh Clayton from Taunton had been working on Tresco in September 2015 when he disappeared after a party. Yesterday, the court in Plymouth heard evidence that Josh had been involved in an altercation outside the event.

His body was later recovered from the sea but the jury was told it wasn't possible to determine how he died.

The Inquest into the death of Joshua Clayton has been adjourned and suspended following new evidence which only emerged during evidence on Tuesday 10th January 2017. This is the first time that Devon and Cornwall Police have been made aware of this new evidence and further investigations will be carried out as a result.

– Devon and Cornwall Police
Load more updates