Kate Conroy hasn't yet spoken to her injured husband Paul, who's been rescued from the city of Homs in Syria and is now safe in Lebanon
– Kate Conroy, wife of injured photographer Paul
I have heard that he is out. All I can say is that we are delighted and overjoyed at the news.
The father of wounded Devon photographer Paul Conroy's has confirmed has been smuggled out of the Syrian city of Homs to Lebanon. Father-of-three Mr Conroy was injured last week in the bombardment that killed Sunday Times war correspondent Marie Colvin and French photojournalist Remi Ochlik.
– Les Conroy, father of injured photographer Paul Conroy
We've just had word from Beirut. I've got it on the other phone in my other hand.
ITN's Foreign Desk says Paul Conroy is out of Homs and safe in Lebanon. More follows
The International Committee of the Red Cross said "We were not able to evacuate the foreign journalists or the bodies of those journalists killed last week. We do not know the reason why. The situation on the ground is very tense and communications are very difficult."
Talks are under way in Syria to get the injured Devon photographer Paul Conroy out of the beseiged city of Homs. His work in reporting the world's trouble-spots has been praised by his friend the singer Joss Stone, and by Lord Leveson today at his inquiry into newspaper ethics.
The wife of photographer Paul Conroy who's injured in Syria is calling on the Foreign Office to bring him home. He was injured in an attack in Homs that killed two other reporters. Kate Conroy says she fears if they rescue him, he may not get out alive.