Police are warning that an abnormal load is travelling through the region this weekend at an average speed of 4 mph.
It is the third and last transformer to be taken from Didcot Power Station to Avonmouth docks. The load is almost 100m long and 5m wide and will take up two lanes of motorways and the entire width of normal roads.
- Friday - due to leave Didcot 7pm, travelling to the M4 on the A34, arriving at Membury services 2am Saturday
- Saturday - due to leave Membury at 10am, leaving the M4 at J18 (Tormarton) for the A46. Arrive Tog Hill car park at 5pm for overnight stop
- Sunday - Safety checks then leave Tog Hill 8-9 am
- It will travel to Wick by the A420 (11am) where steel plates will be laid so it can pass over two culverts.
- It will continue to the A4174. At Bromley Heath roundabout the road will be closed to the M32 junction so the load can travel on the wrong side of the dual carriageway to avoid a weak bridge.
- At the junction with Bristol Road, the load will return to the correct carriageway and continue onto the M32
- It will then rejoin the M4 before taking the M5 to Avonmouth.
There are delays of 30 minutes on First Great Western trains between Taunton and Bristol Temple Meads due to an earlier signalling problem at Taunton.
It's also causing 30 minute delays between Bristol Temple Meads and Exeter St Davids.
There's slow traffic on the A38 Filton Road at Toronto Road / Monk's Park Avenue in the roadworks area.
Congestion is back to the B4469 Muller Road.
The A48 westbound is partially blocked due to an accident between the A40 (Gloucester) and the A4151 Elton Road (Elton) at Minsterworth.
A vehicle has collided with the central reservation.
One lane is closed and there's slow traffic due to an accident involving three vehicles on the A350 Blandford Road North eastbound between the A35 / B3068 Blandford Road North and the A3049 (Holes Bay North Fire Station Roundabout).
There's slow traffic on the A37 in Lydford due to an accident at the B3153 junction.
In Bristol, there's a traffic light failure on the B4053 Baldwin Street with the junction of Marsh Street in the city centre.
CCTV reporting the lights are not phasing correctly. Sometimes they are on green in all directions at the same time. Engineers are aware.
- UPDATE 06:43: Traffic lights are now working correctly.
There's slow traffic on the M4 eastbound between J20 M5 (Almondsbury Interchange) and J19 M32 (Bristol).
Cameras now show traffic using the new hard shoulder.
There are reports of slow traffic due to an obstruction on the road on the A370 near the B3128 Ashton Road (Failand turn off).
There are delays of up to 25 minutes on First Great Western services between Swindon and Bristol Parkway due to a signalling problem in the Alderton Tunnel.
There is no estimate for normal service.