Live updates

Funeral of man killed by cows in Wiltshire

Funeral takes place of Mike Porter Credit: Wiltshire Police

The funeral will take place today of a man who died after being trampled on by a herd of cows in Wiltshire.

66 year old Mike Porter was killed when he and his brother were dog walking in a field in Turleigh near Bradford-on-Avon earlier this month.

The two men managed to stagger to the field gate but Mr Porter died soon after from a cardiac arrest. His funeral will take place at Edinburgh University this lunchtime.


Family's tribute to trampled pensioner

We are still concerned about the health of Mike's brother who was badly injured in the accident and air lifted to hospital.

We are in shock and devastated by the loss of our lovely Mike. We are in discussion with the coroner and would ask people to respect our need for privacy at this time. We would also like to thank our incredible friends and family for their warmth and support.”

– Statement from the family of Alistair Porter

Pensioner killed in stampede is named

The 66 year old man trampled to death by a herd of cows in Wiltshire on Monday has been named as Alistair Michael Porter, a retired Senior Lecturer at the University of Edinburgh.

Mr Porter was walking with his brother in a field in Turleigh when a herd of cows attacked them.

His brother was airlifted to Frenchay Hospital near Bristol where his condition is described as stable.

UPDATE: Injured man in stable condition

A pensioner who was seriously injured when he and his brother were trampled by a herd of cows in a field at Turleigh in Wiltshire is said to be in a stable and positive condition in hospital, according to a Police spokesperson.

The man in his 70s was airlifted to Frenchay Hospital near Bristol on Monday morning.

His 66 year old brother was fatally injured in the crush and died at the scene.


Full report: Pensioner dies after being trampled by cows

A man has died after being trampled by a herd of cows while walking his dog in Wiltshire.

It happened in a field in Turleigh near Bradford-on-Avon.

Paramedics performed emergency surgery on the 66-year-old, but he suffered a cardiac arrest.

His brother was also severely injured and airlifted to Frenchay hospital for lifesaving treatment.

Robert Murphy reports:

Load more updates