One of the region's biggest summer celebrations is taking place in Dorset. Weymouth Carnival has music, games and two main attractions for the crowds - the grand procession and the Red Arrows. It's all put together by a team of volunteers to help boost trade in the town.
A student from Norton Radstock College in Somerset, left with face and arm injuries after a camping stove exploded, has been moved to a specialist burns unit at Salisbury District Hospital.
Two other students injured in the explosion at a campsite near Weymouth have been discharged from hospital.
Richard Lawrence's full interview with Phil Head, from Dorset Fire and Rescue Service.
Three students from Norton Radstock College near Bath have been treated for burns at Dorset County Hospital. It follows a gas explosion while they were preparing a meal at their campsite in Weymouth.
They were part of a group of 25 teenagers on a five day camping trip as part of their studies. The three students - two 17-year-old boys and a 19-year old girl - had facial and arm injuries. One has been discharged and the two others are expected to leave hospital shortly.
The cause of the explosion is not known but Dorset Fire & Rescue Service has taken the stove away to examine it.
Four people have been injured after a camping gas cylinder explosion on a holiday park near Chickerell, Weymouth.
Emergency services were called to the scene near Chickerell last night [Tuesday].
Dorset fire and rescue service said the four casualties were treated for facial and upper body burns.
– Marc Reddy, Regional Director First Group
There's alternatives that people can make including community accessible transport provided by various local authorities.
I want to work with Dorset County Council to see if there's some way that we can jointly fund some of these changes to make them more viable.
More than one 150 angry bus users in Weymouth packed a meeting last night to argue about proposed changes to bus routes in South Dorset.
First Bus plans to stop routes 5, 5A and 4B from March 24. But local residents said the move would leave many elderly and infirm people isolated in their own homes. The bus operator blames tough economic times on the decision.
It also says that the money the company receives from the concessionary fare scheme is less than forty per cent of the actual journey price. Fuel rebate has also been reduced so it's been left with no option unless Dorset County Council steps in to subsidise these routes.
The meeting was called by South Dorset MP Richard Drax who had been contacted by many of his constituents unhappy with the decision to axe routes.