Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Businessman Leo de Watts travels to the countryside and "farms" the fresh air. He collects it in jars and then sells it online.
The whales have resurfaced near Sea Mills, Bristol and taken up permanent residence at Bennett’s Patch and White’s Paddock Nature Reserve.
Flowers in the South West have sprung up much earlier than usual due to the mild winter.