Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Damon Smith from Newton Abbot was found guilty of planting a home-made bomb on the London Underground in October.
Another sparkling start with lots of sunshine and barely a cloud in the sky, temperatures feeling very warm but high UV levels too.
Long sunny spells and warm temperatures ahead for the West today, but also high UV levels.