Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Plenty of sunshine as the longest day of the year draws to a close.
Clear skies and sunshine late into the longest day of the year. The temperature will drop rapidly though feeling cool in the morning.
St Keverne Bakery admitted a string of food hygiene offences after inspectors found rat droppings and rotting food last year.