Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
George Ford booted 24 points as Bath kept the pressure on Northampton at the top of the Premiership with a 39-16 win at rivals Gloucester.
West Country neighbours meet for first time this season at Kingsholm in Premiership.
The funeral of a mother and newborn baby found dead after going missing from a maternity hospital took place today.