Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
It'll be a mainly sunny day in the South West with some cloud over parts of Cornwall and not quite as cold as Tuesday with the wind easing.
Bristol boy Henry Garrett has shot to fame in Hollywood but says he hasn't forgotten his Bristol roots
On the two year anniversary of his disappearance, Avon and Somerset Police are renewing their appeal to find Scott Cook.