Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Statistics show month of March to be sunnier than average despite a very windy and wintry period of weather in last 24 hours.
As we leave winter behind and re-discover daffodils and longer days, we showcase your shots of West Country spring.
The fight for 10 Downing Street kicks off today with the dissolution of Parliament - and the South West is a key battleground for votes.