Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
A family near Ilminster in Somerset say they're facing a distressing time as they prepare to sell off their herd of 300 dairy cattle
Newly-unveiled UK Plastics Pact ‘unites every body, business and organisation with a will to act on plastic pollution’.
Rishi has the forecast for Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset.