Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Crowds of people have already been descending on Bath for the first weekend of their famous Christmas Market.
Despite the rumours, Somerset's Jenson Button announced he's staying in Formula 1. We take a look back at how he became World Champion.
The wife of a high-ranking Army officer has called on the Ministry of Defence to ban an anti-malaria drug linked to mental health problems.