Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
The iconic Shaun in the City figures are being auctioned off on Thursday. It's expected to raise millions for Bristol Children's Hospital
Mike Ford is the favourite to replace Stuart Lancaster - but says his focus is on getting disappointed England players back at Bath Rugby.
Family and friends of a missing man from Swindon took to the streets today in a desperate effort to find him.