- West Country (E)
Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Health experts say 20,000 children in Bristol are living in poverty. Now health experts have started a project to tackle healthy eating.
Wiltshire Police has opened its new £2 million control room. Managers say it'll help staff deal with emergencies quicker.
Kylie Pentelow explores her love of Agatha Christie after the release of a new Poirot novel by author Sophie Hannah.