Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Bristol City remain five points clear at the top of League One after a 3-1 win at Coventry. Swindon slip to third after drawing at Yeovil.
It's National Chocolate Week but did you know the West Country has played a key role in its history? Here are five excuses to grab a bar.
Four thousand jobs could be created at a new business park in Taunton. The project would see land developed just off Junction 25 of the M5