Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Immigration, extremism, Europe and tax cuts: The key promises unveiled in the first Tory-only Queen's Speech in almost two decades.
A couple who lost an unborn baby to complications from twin to twin transfusion syndrome have raised money for research into the condition.
Dorset has a new migrant population - barrel jellyfish are washing up in their dozens on its shores.