Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Only handful of beaches have RNLI lifeguard cover during school holidays - the Maritime and Coastguard Agency warns.
Our Devon correspondent Seth Conway has been talking to a family who say without the hospitals, their children may not have survived.
It's going to be a windy one tonight and into the weekend - it could even touch gale force along the south coast.