Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Emergency services say they will working long into the night to deal with a fire that began in a music shop near the centre of Exeter.
Leon Dexter was set upon by the birds in Ilfracombe in the latest in a series of attacks by seagulls in our region.
Emergency services are tackling the fire on Sidwell Street near the centre of Exeter.