Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Find out which train services will be affected by the strike - and plan your bank holiday accordingly.
Bob Crampton has some good news about the weather over the coming days - he even uses the words "unbroken sunshine".
Bath centre Sam Burgess has made it into the England squad for the Rugby World Cup just ten months after switching codes.