Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
A new film celebrating life in Somerset will have its premiere in Taunton tonight. It was shot on film which was developed using cider.
A charity which was set up in memory of 17 year-old Lloyd Fouracre - who was killed on a night out - is celebrating its 10th anniversary.
A Royal Navy sailor from Gloucestershire is one of four men who's been accused of raping a woman in Canada after an ice hockey tournament.