Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Ambulance staff in our region are facing serious injury or even death following a dramatic rise in the number of assaults they've suffered.
A skateboarding prodigy from Bristol has appeared in a new film which showcases the city.
A supersonic car being built in Bristol is a step closer to breaking the world land speed record, after a new sponsorship deal.