Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
A man (87) and woman (78) were trapped off the A46 in Gloucestershire overnight - the car was eventually spotted by a passing driver.
The Food Connections festival highlights the work of people who have given up the day-job to do something they really love.
The RAC says a "far greater" number of cars will be out on the roads compared to 2015, and are warning of three West Country "blackspots"