Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Chris Eubank Jnr has said he to give his British title belt to Nick Blackwell - in a gesture of goodwill.
The Broadchurch stars have been spotted in Clevedon as filming gets underway for the third and final series of the hit ITV drama.
With the Modern Pentathlon World Champs taking place in Moscow the British athletes are competing for their ticket to Rio.