Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
We've been getting acquainted with the Shaun the Sheep sculptures heading out on location for this summer's trail across Bristol
The Shaun in the City sculpture trail, which hits Bristol's streets on Monday, was given its official, and typically unusual, launch today.
Not enough beds and an agonising wait for the right help - a mother describes the anguish of trying to save her anorexic daughter.