Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
It will remain on the mild side for most. Minimum temperature 12 degrees.
Outbreaks of rain and strong winds will continue eventually clearing away to give a drier end to the night with clear spells.
A decision has been taken to suspend the Chief Fire Officer and Deputy Chief Fire Officer of Avon Fire & Rescue Service.