Gloucestershire Police are advising drivers to:
- Listen to local radio bulletins for road closures before setting off
- Leave extra time for a journey if it is necessary
- Put your lights on even during the day so you can be seen to other road users
- Don’t drive into floodwater – you don’t know how deep it is
- Make sure you’re prepared if you get caught in a traffic jam – with enough fuel, your mobile phone battery fully charged, and food and drink
- Be wary of high winds and the extra risks they may bring
- Take extra care if driving through standing water alongside pedestrians or cyclists
Latest details of traffic disruption can be found here
More top news
Second blast of wintry weather forecast for the UK says weatherman Alex Beresford.
Bristol West MP says pubs in parts of the city have closed as a result of the arrival of Somali immigrants
Our political reporter Bob Constantine gives his view on George Osborne and David Cameron's visit to the West.