A wedding venue in North Somerset has been fined £25,000 after 46 guests at a reception were poisoned by the pate starter - including one who was hospitalised.
More than half the guests were taken ill after consuming the duck liver paste at Mendip Spring Golf and Country Club in Congresbury.
Two of the victims suffered diarrhoea for 10 days and one unlucky diner was admitted to hospital.
Magistrates at North Somerset Courthouse in Weston-super-Mare heard how the pate was served as a starter at the wedding in April.
After the guests complained, a check by food safety officers found harmful bacteria in another batch of duck liver pate, which was on the menu as a special.
The venue's director Ian Harrison, 53, pleaded guilty to three counts of contravening food hygiene regulations concerning staff training, failing to recognise food preparation hazards and failing to prove compliant with such hazards.
More top news
As the sun sets and a warm day we'll be facing a much chillier night. Rural places could see temperature dropping to as low as 6 °C.
After a lovely sunny day, we'll have a clear but chilly night with temperatures, especially in rural places, dropping to as low as 6 °C.
Charles Howeson has been sentenced to seven years and six months for historic sexual offences against eight young men between 1985 - 1994.