There were dramatic electrical storms last night, but for one fireman in the Cossham area of Bristol, it was all too close to home.
During the storm, Anthony Dicorato's house was struck by lightning. It left a hole in his roof and destroyed the chimney. Power sockets were blown out and even radiators were thrown from the wall. Luckily, Anthony was out at the time.
More top news
Devon based submariners have been testing their skills in some of the coldest climates in the world.
A menu of the first meal ever served on the Titanic is expected to fetch up to £100,000 at auction in Wiltshire later today.
The whole region staying clear overnight with warm temperatures.