- 5,240 staff (excluding school staff)
- 630 redundancies since 2010 saving the Council £23m
- 173 management posts axed since 2010 saving the Council £9m
- Chief Executive post and one Corporate Director position axed
- At least 340 full time equivalent posts look set to go before 2014
- Council to find savings of £27m in 2013-14
More top news
'In Avon and Somerset we stand shoulder to shoulder with colleagues in the Metropolitan Police Service and the communities we serve.'
MPs from across the region have been reacting to the terrible events that unfolded in Westminster yesterday.
The man who carried out the Westminster attack is thought to be British born and was once investigated by MI5, the Prime Minister has said.