- 5,240 staff (excluding school staff)
- 630 redundancies since 2010 saving the Council £23m
- 173 management posts axed since 2010 saving the Council £9m
- Chief Executive post and one Corporate Director position axed
- At least 340 full time equivalent posts look set to go before 2014
- Council to find savings of £27m in 2013-14
More top news
Second blast of wintry weather forecast for the UK says weatherman Alex Beresford.
Bristol West MP says pubs in parts of the city have closed as a result of the arrival of Somali immigrants
Our political reporter Bob Constantine gives his view on George Osborne and David Cameron's visit to the West.