- 5,240 staff (excluding school staff)
- 630 redundancies since 2010 saving the Council £23m
- 173 management posts axed since 2010 saving the Council £9m
- Chief Executive post and one Corporate Director position axed
- At least 340 full time equivalent posts look set to go before 2014
- Council to find savings of £27m in 2013-14
More top news
The sisters of a shop worker stabbed to death outside a party in Gloucester have appealed for anyone with information to come forward.
Find out which train services will be affected by the strike - and plan your bank holiday accordingly.
Bob Crampton has some good news about the weather over the coming days - he even uses the words "unbroken sunshine".