- 5,240 staff (excluding school staff)
- 630 redundancies since 2010 saving the Council £23m
- 173 management posts axed since 2010 saving the Council £9m
- Chief Executive post and one Corporate Director position axed
- At least 340 full time equivalent posts look set to go before 2014
- Council to find savings of £27m in 2013-14
More top news
Mayor Marvin Rees has begun a campaign to find 25 homes for Syrian families in December, representing one for every day up to Christmas.
The cloud takes total control during tonight. For most its a dry night. A lot of cloud but also some sunshine at times.
We may have seen the last of the very cold nights. Moving into a milder regime tonight. Thats reflected across the weekend.