- 5,240 staff (excluding school staff)
- 630 redundancies since 2010 saving the Council £23m
- 173 management posts axed since 2010 saving the Council £9m
- Chief Executive post and one Corporate Director position axed
- At least 340 full time equivalent posts look set to go before 2014
- Council to find savings of £27m in 2013-14
More top news
This adorable calf may be little but she is already a big success - becoming the newest member of one of the rarest species in captivity.
Growing numbers are missing out on their education without permission. Figures reveal unauthorised absences have more than doubled.
This Bank Holiday The Bristol Old Vic celebrates its 250th anniversary - making it the oldest working theatre in the country.