- 5,240 staff (excluding school staff)
- 630 redundancies since 2010 saving the Council £23m
- 173 management posts axed since 2010 saving the Council £9m
- Chief Executive post and one Corporate Director position axed
- At least 340 full time equivalent posts look set to go before 2014
- Council to find savings of £27m in 2013-14
More top news
Police have released 5 images of men they want to trace in relation to an investigation into the supply of drugs in Bristol.
Harmonie-Rose, the toddler who was struck down by Meningitis B, has taken her first steps towards walking unaided with prosthetic legs.
Avon and Somerset Police will be able to avoid front-line cuts to policing after the Chancellor's Autumn Statement yesterday.