- 5,240 staff (excluding school staff)
- 630 redundancies since 2010 saving the Council £23m
- 173 management posts axed since 2010 saving the Council £9m
- Chief Executive post and one Corporate Director position axed
- At least 340 full time equivalent posts look set to go before 2014
- Council to find savings of £27m in 2013-14
More top news
It's a cloudy offering with drizzle in places today - although some maybe lucky and escape.
The cardiac service at Bristol Children's Hospital was blighted by understaffing and poor communication, according to a review out today.
Parents whose children died after heart surgery at Bristol Children's Hospital say they're frustrated by new reports into their cases.