- 5,240 staff (excluding school staff)
- 630 redundancies since 2010 saving the Council £23m
- 173 management posts axed since 2010 saving the Council £9m
- Chief Executive post and one Corporate Director position axed
- At least 340 full time equivalent posts look set to go before 2014
- Council to find savings of £27m in 2013-14
More top news
In horrendous conditions at the Rec, Gloucester get hard-fought win over local rivals Bath at the Rec.
Catwalk ready - a meningitis survivor, prepares to perform for the South West's biggest fashion show.
The Atlantic Jet Stream brings a yellow warning to the South West. There's the prospect of heavy rain and strong winds on the way.