- 5,240 staff (excluding school staff)
- 630 redundancies since 2010 saving the Council £23m
- 173 management posts axed since 2010 saving the Council £9m
- Chief Executive post and one Corporate Director position axed
- At least 340 full time equivalent posts look set to go before 2014
- Council to find savings of £27m in 2013-14
More top news
A coroner has criticised mental health professionals for failing to care for new mum Charlotte Bevan who jumped to her death with her baby.
As Black History Month gets underway, we’re looking at inspiring people and forgotten heroes from the near and distant past.
High pressure keeps it settled. The cloud will make the sunshine hazy. Just a chilly breeze to contend with.