The Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Danny Alexander, has announced plans to boost the country's economy by investing billions of pounds in a series of major infrastructure projects, which will have a big impact in our region.
- A multi-billion pound guarantee to advance the new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point
- £10 million to be spent nationally to clear the backlog of repairs in schools plus investment to create new school places
- Further £250 million investment in superfast broadband
- £370 million fund to improve flood defences will increase every year to 2020. The Government has also agreed a deal on flood insurance.
- £10 billion of investment in road repairs, including pot holes
- Investment on widening roads, including the A303 which runs through Wiltshire to Cornwall
More top news
A postman is walking one of the earliest postal routes to celebrate 500 years of Royal Mail & raise money for charity.
A mum is holding a 36 hour dance event to try to raise money to help her son have an operation that could make her son pain free.
A baby gorilla who was the first to be born by C-section in the UK is starting to make her way in the world of Bristol Zoo