The Government has today backed a report which casts serious doubt over plans for a giant barrage across the Severn Estuary.
Ministers have agreed with a committee of MPs who said they could not recommend the £25 billion scheme.
The company behind the plans claims a barrage from Brean Down to South Wales could produce five per cent of the UK's energy.
But the committee says it's failed to provide enough evidence about what subsidies it would need, the impact on the environment, and potential job losses at the port of Bristol.
The news has been welcomed by environmentalists and wildlife experts.
More top news
Here's everything we know so far about the Manchester Arena explosion.
Witnesses reported hearing a "huge bang" at the venue during the concert on Monday evening.
Mist and fog will not lift until the afternoon in the South West but it will warm up by the afternoon.