Toddler strangled by blind cord

A coroner has concluded a toddler from Gloucestershire who was strangled by a window blind cord died accidentally.

View all 4 updates ›

Bid to prevent another tragedy

After the tragedy of their daughter's death by strangulation from a window blind cord, her parents launched a campaign to prevent a similar accident.

The British Blind and Shutter Organisation has since announced that regulation changes will be introduced next March to ensure safety devices accompany cord blinds.

Tom Malarkey from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents spoke to ITV West Country's Ian Axton following today's inquest.

More top news