Police are warning that an abnormal load is travelling through the region this weekend at an average speed of 4 mph.
It is the third and last transformer to be taken from Didcot Power Station to Avonmouth docks. The load is almost 100m long and 5m wide and will take up two lanes of motorways and the entire width of normal roads.
- Friday - due to leave Didcot 7pm, travelling to the M4 on the A34, arriving at Membury services 2am Saturday
- Saturday - due to leave Membury at 10am, leaving the M4 at J18 (Tormarton) for the A46. Arrive Tog Hill car park at 5pm for overnight stop
- Sunday - Safety checks then leave Tog Hill 8-9 am
- It will travel to Wick by the A420 (11am) where steel plates will be laid so it can pass over two culverts.
- It will continue to the A4174. At Bromley Heath roundabout the road will be closed to the M32 junction so the load can travel on the wrong side of the dual carriageway to avoid a weak bridge.
- At the junction with Bristol Road, the load will return to the correct carriageway and continue onto the M32
- It will then rejoin the M4 before taking the M5 to Avonmouth.
More top news
Bristol's going baa-rmy for Shaun the Sheep - and you're sending us the pictures to prove it! Here are your snaps from Shaun in the City.
Bristol's goes baa-rmy as this summer's Shaun in the City trail kicks off. Plan your quest to find all 70 Shauns with this taster guide.
We've been getting acquainted with the Shaun the Sheep sculptures heading out on location for this summer's trail across Bristol