The third and last transformer is on the last leg of its journey from Didcot Power Station to Avonmouth docks. It is almost 100m long and 5m wide and will take up two lanes of motorways and the entire width of normal roads. It is travelling at an average speed of 4 mph, slower on hills.
- The load stayed at Tog Hill parking area near Bath overnight
- This morning it is undergoing safety checks before leaving 8-9 am
- It will travel to Wick by the A420 (11am) where steel plates will be laid so it can pass over two culverts.
- It will continue to the A4174. At Bromley Heath roundabout the road will be closed to the M32 junction so the load can travel on the wrong side of the dual carriageway to avoid a weak bridge.
- At the junction with Bristol Road, the load will return to the correct carriageway and continue onto the M32
- It will then rejoin the M4 before taking the M5 to Avonmouth.
More top news
The Broadchurch stars have been spotted in Clevedon as filming gets underway for the third and final series of the hit ITV drama.
With the Modern Pentathlon World Champs taking place in Moscow the British athletes are competing for their ticket to Rio.
There will be prolonged spells of sunshine today, which will help the temperatures to edge upwards. Highs of 16 or 17 C