A man who died in Wiltshire during yesterday's storm has been named as Roger Hayward.
The 71 year-old from Bremhill near Calne was electrocuted whilst trying to remove a fallen tree from power lines.
Our thoughts are with Roger’s family at this difficult time. We cannot imagine how they must be feeling having lost him so suddenly. I would like to remind the public to be extremely careful with any fallen trees, particularly if power lines are involved. Please call 999 so that we can come and secure the area. The public should be careful not to underestimate the threats to safety that this weather brings, whether this is moving a fallen tree or driving through a flood. It is imperative that the public take the right precautions and do not take any risks that might threaten their safety.
More top news
The living of a home in Newquay was destroyed by fire this morning. It's believed to have spread after a tumble dryer caught fire.
Sam Mariott slipped and fell after he'd been out drinking with friends in his home town of Sidmouth on the 25th of February.
Police have launched a murder investigation after a woman was found in a property on Ludlow Close with serious stab wounds.