Just over a year ago Samantha Hobbs almost lost her mum Mandy when she had a cardiac arrest at their home in Yeovil.
Aged just fourteen at the time, she saved her mum's life using CPR skills she'd learned at the local lifesaving club.
Sam has been campaigning to get other teenagers to learn these skills, and has earned an award from the British Heart Foundation for what it calls her exceptional contribution to improving the UK's heart health.
More top news
A teenager from Ukraine who's been living in Cornwall is hoping that a hearing next month will allow her to stay in the country.
A public fundraising campaign page has been launched to help the parents of Cheltenham Bournside School pupil, Sophie Herbert.
Police are warning the public of the dangers of taking a drug called 'Golden Monkey' after two young women have fallen seriously ill.