Widespread public sector strikes are planned for tomorrow, in a row over pay. Demonstrations are being organised tomorrow morning in Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon, Taunton, Trowbridge and Weston-super-Mare. Some fire staff and teachers are involved. The following unions are taking industrial action:
- GMB (general trade union)
- NUT (National Union of Teachers)
- PCS (Public and Commercial Services, representing civil servants and others)
- UNISON (general trade union)
- Unite (general trade union)
More top news
Only handful of beaches have RNLI lifeguard cover during school holidays - the Maritime and Coastguard Agency warns.
Our Devon correspondent Seth Conway has been talking to a family who say without the hospitals, their children may not have survived.
It's going to be a windy one tonight and into the weekend - it could even touch gale force along the south coast.