Widespread public sector strikes are planned for tomorrow, in a row over pay. Demonstrations are being organised tomorrow morning in Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon, Taunton, Trowbridge and Weston-super-Mare. Some fire staff and teachers are involved. The following unions are taking industrial action:
- GMB (general trade union)
- NUT (National Union of Teachers)
- PCS (Public and Commercial Services, representing civil servants and others)
- UNISON (general trade union)
- Unite (general trade union)
More top news
Many households are without power as Storm Imogen takes hold. Strong winds and rain have caused problems across the region.
A man has suffered minor head injuries after two trees fell onto a block of flats.
Weather warnings are in place as Storm Imogen brings winds of up to 80 miles per hour.