Widespread public sector strikes are planned for tomorrow, in a row over pay. Demonstrations are being organised tomorrow morning in Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon, Taunton, Trowbridge and Weston-super-Mare. Some fire staff and teachers are involved. The following unions are taking industrial action:
- GMB (general trade union)
- NUT (National Union of Teachers)
- PCS (Public and Commercial Services, representing civil servants and others)
- UNISON (general trade union)
- Unite (general trade union)
More top news
At least 1,300 people have been affected by the collapse of a Bristol firm which was working on a high-profile green initiative.
Two men who had a significant impact on the profile of black people have been honoured in a ceremony to mark Black History Month. Read more:
An unusual weather phenomena has been spotted in skies over Somerset this week. Bob Crampton tells us what causes this distinctive sight.