Widespread public sector strikes are planned for tomorrow, in a row over pay. Demonstrations are being organised tomorrow morning in Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon, Taunton, Trowbridge and Weston-super-Mare. Some fire staff and teachers are involved. The following unions are taking industrial action:
- GMB (general trade union)
- NUT (National Union of Teachers)
- PCS (Public and Commercial Services, representing civil servants and others)
- UNISON (general trade union)
- Unite (general trade union)
More top news
The 72-year-old had to be helicoptered from the mountain, when he was just a few hours from the summit on Monday.
For Jay Sweetland from Bristol the long wait for reassignment therapy is so frustrating he's begun crowdfunding to speed up the process.
Groundbreaking driving lessons for five to ten year olds have been launched in Cheltenham.