Widespread public sector strikes are planned for tomorrow, in a row over pay. Demonstrations are being organised tomorrow morning in Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon, Taunton, Trowbridge and Weston-super-Mare. Some fire staff and teachers are involved. The following unions are taking industrial action:
- GMB (general trade union)
- NUT (National Union of Teachers)
- PCS (Public and Commercial Services, representing civil servants and others)
- UNISON (general trade union)
- Unite (general trade union)
More top news
A couple who lost an unborn baby to complications from twin to twin transfusion syndrome have raised money for research into the condition.
Dorset has a new migrant population - barrel jellyfish are washing up in their dozens on its shores.
The family of one of Britain's oldest poppy-sellers say charities which bombarded her with donation requests were not to blame for her death