Widespread public sector strikes are planned for tomorrow, in a row over pay. Demonstrations are being organised tomorrow morning in Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon, Taunton, Trowbridge and Weston-super-Mare. Some fire staff and teachers are involved. The following unions are taking industrial action:
- GMB (general trade union)
- NUT (National Union of Teachers)
- PCS (Public and Commercial Services, representing civil servants and others)
- UNISON (general trade union)
- Unite (general trade union)
More top news
100-year-old tourist mugged by stranger after he fell getting off a bus as he returned to Gloucester where he used to live.
A new film celebrating life in Somerset will have its premiere in Taunton tonight. It was shot on film which was developed using cider.
A charity which was set up in memory of 17 year-old Lloyd Fouracre - who was killed on a night out - is celebrating its 10th anniversary.