Widespread public sector strikes are planned for tomorrow, in a row over pay. Demonstrations are being organised tomorrow morning in Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon, Taunton, Trowbridge and Weston-super-Mare. Some fire staff and teachers are involved. The following unions are taking industrial action:
- GMB (general trade union)
- NUT (National Union of Teachers)
- PCS (Public and Commercial Services, representing civil servants and others)
- UNISON (general trade union)
- Unite (general trade union)
More top news
Torbay Council and Torquay United FC have postponed a decision on purchasing the freehold interest of the Club’s stadium at Plainmoor.
Three projects to boost practical skills in the West of England got the go-ahead today.
Bob has the forecast for Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset.