Widespread public sector strikes are planned for tomorrow, in a row over pay. Demonstrations are being organised tomorrow morning in Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon, Taunton, Trowbridge and Weston-super-Mare. Some fire staff and teachers are involved. The following unions are taking industrial action:
- GMB (general trade union)
- NUT (National Union of Teachers)
- PCS (Public and Commercial Services, representing civil servants and others)
- UNISON (general trade union)
- Unite (general trade union)
More top news
Thousands of people are expected for Gloucester's annual cheese rolling. The event is so popular that it is run on an unofficial basis
Celebrations are underway in Bristol as the Old Vic turns 250 years old.
Police say cyber crime in Avon and Somerset is almost doubling every year in the force area.