The report by the Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children Board, the agencies involved outlined the lessons they needed to learn as a result of the case. Here are their key findings:
- Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children's Board itself says it is improving training and support for professionals who work with children
- Gloucestershire County Council emphasises the importance of responding to neglect accusations as rigorously as it responds to physical and sexual abuse. It also says the council must consider why parents are refusing statutory intervention for their children.
- The District Council says it is working to improve communication between its services, including between housing staff who enter tenant properties for various purposes
- Gloucestershire Care Services NHS Trust says it will ensure that children's views are fully taken into account when making decisions about their care, and that their staff will receive more training on recognition of neglect
- Gloucestershire Police says its staff too will receive more training in neglect recognition
More top news
A bright chilly start but a fine afternoon with sunny spells for most. Mild winds will help temperatures approaching double figures.
A chilly start with some cloud but that will break up allowing sunny spells to dominate the afternoon. Temperatures are on the rise too.
After a cold start tomorrow, sunny spells will break through. There will be a moderate frost overnight though as temperatures plummet.