A North Devon woman is calling for all parents to receive basic first aid training after she saved the life of a toddler who was choking on a two pence piece.
Nicola Smith came to the rescue of a neighbour whose daughter was turning blue unable to breathe.
The former care worker from Barnstaple managed to get the coin out of Kia Griffin's windpipe before paramedics arrived. Her mum Tara Hawkins said she panicked and didn't know what to do.
Thankfully Kia has fully recovered but mum Tara couldn't believe how quickly her daughter's life could have been lost.
Nicola has worked with young children and also has two sons for whom she's also had to be a carer.
Her first aid training saved Kia's life. She now wants all parents to be taught similar skills to deal with those life or death moments.
You can watch the full report by Seth Conway here: