Now in its 17th year, Plymouth will once again host the international British Firework Championships on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
The first firework displays will start at around 9.30pm each evening as dusk falls.
Tuesday 13 August
- Phoenix Fireworks
- Selstar Fireworks
- 1st Galaxy Fireworks
Wednesday 14 August
- Star Fireworks
- MLE Pyrotechnics
- Pendragon Fireworks
Phoenix Fireworks will open the competition on Tuesday, followed by Selstar Fireworks and 1st Galaxy, the 2010 runners up.
On Wednesday it will be the turn of Star Fireworks followed by MLE Pyrotechnics and Pendragon Fireworks.
There will be fairground rides and refreshment stalls which will open at 2pm daily.
Parking and travel information
- The multi-storey car park behind the National Marine Aquarium and the nearby Barbican lock gate will be open until 11pm.
- Most city centre car parks will be open until midnight.
- You are advised to use public transport and the park and ride services.
- Jennycliffe Lane will be closed leading onto Jennycliffe once the public car park is full.
- Parking is available at Staddiscombe Colts FC once Jennycliffe Lane is closed.
- Parking at the football club from 5.30pm to midnight (weather permitting) Cost £2 per car.
- An extended parking area will be available on the Hoe promenade for blue badge holders, but spaces will be taken on a first come, first served basis. Access will be via Elliott Street entrance to the Hoe promenade from 5.30pm (Madeira Road and Hoe Road will be closed on both days between 1pm and 11pm with some No Parking restrictions from 8am Citadel Road).
- Special park and ride services are being provided especially for the event by First Devon and Cornwall, who will be running regular buses from the George Junction, Milehouse and Coypool sites on both nights.
- PR1 will run every 15 minutes from the George with last inbound departure at 20.45 , 20.49 The Future Inn and 21.00 at Milehouse.
- After the event frequent services from 22.10 (Stop A12) until all passengers cleared.
- PR2 will run every 15 minutes from Coypool with last inbound departure at 20.45.
- After the Event frequent services from 22.10 (Stop A11) until all passengers cleared.
- After the Event services PR1 and PR2 will only pick up from Royal Parade. Other City Centre stops- the Viaduct, Charles Street(Drake Circus Mall), Mayflower Street and Western Approach will NOT be served.
- National Concessionary Bus Passes valid up to 23.00.
More information is available here.
Send your photographs and videos of the displays to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll publish the best ones!