1. ITV Report

First home win since October for the Grecians

Exeter City won at home for the first time since early October. There were draws for Yeovil Town and Plymouth Argyle, but Torquay United lost at home to Newport.


Ishmael Miller scored Yeovil's first goal, but missed a second half penalty. Credit: Nigel French/EMPICS Sport

Bolton completed a spirited second-half comeback to secure a 2-2 draw in a dramatic Sky Bet Championship clash against Yeovil.

Goals from Lukas Jutkiewicz and Zat Knight earned the Trotters a share of the spoils at Huish Park despite the visitors having Alex Baptiste sent off in the second half.

Ishmael Miller and Kevin Dawson were on target for the home side but Miller could not convert the penalty that followed Baptiste's dismissal.

Yeovil came into the game having never beaten the Trotters in any competition and started on the back foot as Jutkiewicz flashed Baptiste's cross narrowly wide of Marek Stech's post.

Moments later the resurgent visitors, who had lost only one of their last six league matches before the trip to south Somerset, threatened the Glovers' rearguard again when Jay Spearing's corner was dragged wide by Baptiste.

Surviving the early onslaught gave Gary Johnson's men encouragement and the hosts never looked back in a commanding first-half display.

Defender Shane Duffy glanced Jamie McAllister's free-kick wide of the target before midfielder Tom Lawrence hit a fizzing effort straight at Adam Bogdan.

Yeovil took advantage of their dominance shortly after the half hour mark when Dawson, recalled to the starting line-up as one of three changes, fed Miller who volleyed home from close range to notch his fifth goal in as many games.

However, it was Manchester United youngster Lawrence who lit up the dark skies above Huish Park after an outstanding first-half display.

The 20-year-old saw his rasping 25-yard drive clawed over the bar by Bogdan but was the architect for his side's second goal in the 42nd minute, twisting and turning before feeding Dawson who made no mistake to score his first Championship goal with a calm finish.

Kevin Dawson scored Yeovil's second goal against Bolton. Credit: Simon Galloway/EMPICS Sport

Bolton improved after the break and should have pulled a goal back within 90 seconds of the game restarting but Medo skewed his shot disappointingly wide.

Moments later the Sierra Leone international broke through the Glovers' midfield lines again but failed to threaten Stech with a tame effort.

However, it was third time lucky for Dougie Freedman's men who pulled a goal back after 53 minutes when Jutkiewicz wriggled free from the Yeovil defence and lashed an unstoppable right-footed shot into the far corner.

Yeovil should have wrapped up the points on the hour mark when Miller ran through on goal but a goal-saving challenge from Alan Hutton denied the in-form striker.

Bolton brought on Jermaine Beckford in the hope of forcing an equaliser but the visitors' were left incensed on 80 minutes when Baptiste was sent off by referee Darren Deadman for hauling down Dawson in the box following a lengthy discussion with his assistant.

Bogdan superbly saved Miller's penalty before the visitors snatched an unlikely equaliser two minutes later as Knight's header looped over Stech.

We've played a team who were one of the favourites for promotion this year, even if Bolton are struggling in the league.

We were magnificent in the first half and it feels like a defeat for all of us - supporters, players and the management - because of the nature of being 2-0 up.

We didn't come out well after half-time. We got the players out early for the second half but Bolton got an early goal which gave them the impetus and we then had to defend.

We put ourselves in a great position to go 3-1 up with five minutes left but missed the penalty, so with it still at 2-1, it gave them the momentum to have a go and they did.

I think Marek [Stech] made a bit of a mistake by coming flying out, but unfortunately their biggest bloke got a touch and it went in for 2-2.

We're disappointed but looking at some of the other results, it could be a point gained, but also two points lost.

– Gary Johnson, Yeovil Town manager

In the first ten minutes we started well and had a couple of half chances but didn't take them. Yeovil then got a foothold in the game and deservedly went 2-0 up.

Half-time came at a good time for us and we had some strong words and tactically changed the team to go more direct.

In the end I thought the three points could have gone our way and I'm disappointed not to win it.

Obviously they had a penalty, I've got no complaints about that or the sending off, but when they missed that penalty it was one-and-a-half minutes before we went up the other end to score.

We had enough chances to win the football match.

– Dougie Freedman, Bolton manager


Reuben Reid put Argyle ahead at Accrington. Credit: PA

Plymouth Argyle have slipped out of the play-off places after drawing at Accrington Stanley.

The Pilgrims went ahead just after the half hour when Conor Hourihane released Reuben Reid, and the striker netted his third goal of the week - and his 19th of the season.

But Tom Aldred rescued a point for the hosts with a late header past Jake Cole.

Eliot Richards scored twice in the second half for Exeter City. Credit: Joe Giddens/EMPICS Sport

Exeter City won at home for the first time since early October after beating Fleetwood at St James Park.

The Grecians went ahead in the first half after an own goal by Jon Parkin. Then Eliot Richards confirmed the win with two goals in three second half minutes.

Paul Tisdale's men move up to 17th in the table - 5 points ahead of the relegation zone.

Former Gull Chris Zebroski netted Newport's winner. Credit: Nick Potts/PA

Bottom-of-the-table Torquay United were unable to build on Tuesday's win over Bury.

Chris Zebroski came back to haunt the Gulls with the only goal of the game in the 8th minute.

Torquay were reduced to ten men in the 34th minute after Shamir Goodwin was given a straight red card for an elbow on Lee Minshull.

Aaron Downes and Ashley Yeoman were both denied in the closing stages, as defeat leaves Chris Hargreaves' men 6 points from safety.

More on this story