Weather warnings are in place as Storm Imogen brings winds of up to 80 miles per hour.
The strong gusts are expected in exposed coastal areas in Cornwall and North Devon and strong winds have been recorded across the south west already.
Amber warning of wind
- An area of very strong winds is likely to extend east across southwest England and parts of central southern England on Monday morning.
- Gusts of 60-70 mph are likely widely, with 80 mph gusts in exposed coastal areas, particularly Cornwall and North Devon, and also along the South Wales coast and through the Bristol Channel.
- Some very large waves are also likely to affect many coasts, in particular north coasts of Cornwall and Devon.
Yellow warning of rain
- Showers are likely to be heavy at times and accompanied by hail and thunder, with very strong and gusty winds.
- Be aware of the potential for localised surface water flooding.