Weymouth beach has been named as the UK's best beach and 9th in Europe by travellers.
The ranking was based on the quality and quantity of reviews and ratings on TripAdvisor over the past 12 months. The three mile stretch was praised for offering seaside attractions such as Punch and Judy, donkey rides and live music on the travel site TripAdvisor.
Jason Osborne, of Weymouth and Portland Borough Council, said the award was "a huge accolade" for the beach and the town.
The top 10 beaches in the UK according to TripAdvisor are:
- 1. Weymouth Beach, Dorset
- 2. Fistral Beach, Cornwall
- 3. St Brelade's Bay Beach, Jersey
- 4. Luskentyre, Isle of Harris
- 5. Woolacombe Beach, Devon
- 6. Porthminster Beach, Cornwall
- 7. Bournemouth Beach, Dorset
- 8. Rhossili Bay, Swansea
- 9. Perranporth Beach, Cornwall
- 10. Hengistbury Head, Dorset