Police are investigating a homophobic hate in which a teenager was assaulted in Bristol.
It happened in Park Street near Tesco on College Green just before 4am on Sunday 7 May. The teenager was verbally abused by two men before one of them punched him in the face. The young man was treated at Bristol Royal Infirmary for injuries to his face.
Avon and Somerset Police say they are treating the assault as a hate crime because of the words used by the offenders before the attack.
The attacker is described as
- white, of slim build
- around 20 to 23 years old
- light brown hair in a quiff style which was short at the sides
- wearing a baby blue long-sleeved shirt and black skinny jeans
The man who was with the attacker and used homophobic language is described as
- white, aged 23 to 25 years old
- around 6ft and of muscular build
- dark brown hair also in a quiff style and short at the sides
- short-cut well-groomed beard
- wearing a dark long-sleeved shirt and black jeans
Officers are looking at CCTV from around the area in their efforts to identify the two men. They will also be talking to venues nearby. They are asking anyone who was out last Saturday night or early Sunday who recognises these people or saw what happened to contact them.
- If you can help, call police on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5217101079