An urgent search and rescue operation is underway in Treyarnon Bay in Cornwall after two men were swept off the rocks and into the water.
Just after 2.30pm today UK Coastguard received a 999 call from a member of the public reporting two people in the water west of Treyarnon Bay, Cornwall.
Many crews have joined the search including:
- Padstow and Newquay Coastguard Rescue Teams
- Padstow, Newquay and Rock RNLI Lifeboats
- Trearnon Lifeguards
- UK Coastguard search and rescue helicopter from Newquay
- Devon and Cornwall Police
- South Western Ambulance Service
The two men, who were believed to be fishing, were swept off rocks into the water. One man has been rescued by the coastguard helicopter and has been taken to hospital by the air ambulance.
An intensive search operation is still ongoing for the second man.