The boss of a Swindon based scaffolding firm has been fined £80,000 and handed a suspended sentence for health and safety offences.
It comes after a worker had both arms, a leg and his other foot amputated following an electric shock in December.
Company director Jonathon Lee Griffith-Clack admitted his lack of care after dad of two Jamie Mines was shocked by 33,000 volts.
Mr Griffith-Clack was sentenced to six months in prison, suspended for 12 months.
Mr Mines spent 10 weeks in intensive care after the near fatal shock last year.
This caused the father of twin girls to miss his first Christmas with them.
A fundraising page was set up to raise funds to support him and has now generated nearly £150,000.
A Health and Safety Executive investigation found scaffolding was built too close to overhead power lines.
The judge described the accident as "single, isolated and out of character", recognising the firm did have health and safety procedures in place generally.