Cornwall has come top of the pops in a survey to find the best place to beat the post-summertime blues.
Europcar UK asked people to nominate their favourite place in the UK to beat the summer blues. Kynance Cove in Cornwall was declared the ideal place in the UK to get away from it all and forget that summer is over.
The county took three of the top ten spots which were mainly on the coast although the picture postcard town of Stow-on-the-Wold bucked the trend, coming in at number 5.
10 Most Popular Destinations to Beat the Summer Blues
- 1. Kynance Cove, Cornwall
- 2. Gorran Haven, Cornwall
- 3. The Isle of Skye, Scotland
- 4. St Marys Bay, Kent
- 5. Stow-on-the-Wold, Cotswolds
- 6. Sladesbridge, Cornwall
- 7. Ambleside, Cumbria
- 8. Hope Cove, Devon
- 9. Loch Lomond and The Trossachs, Scotland
- 10. Branscombe, Devon