Nearly 700 knives have been handed in to Avon and Somerset Police since the force set up surrender bins in October 2016.
Now, in certain locations across the region, the bins will be made permanent.
Knife crime is on the increase in the Avon and Somerset:
Permanent surrender bins are part of the solution, officers are also holding workshops at youth clubs.
Anyone worried about knife crime can contact Fearless (The Crimestoppers youth arm) anonymously.
Permanent surrender bins are now in place in at:
- Asda Bedminster – Bristol
- Bridewell Police Custody Centre – Bristol
- Patchway Police Custody Centre – South Glos
- Keynsham Police Custody Centre - BANES
- Bridgwater Police Custody Centre – Somerset
Temporary surrender bins are at:
- Frome police post in the town centre – Somerset
- Bristol Magistrates Court
- Bristol Crown Court