Yoga is normally associated with being calm and quiet but a rather noisy form where people laugh away their stresses is taking off in Cornwall.
Forget lunges and lotus positions, this is more about belly laughs.
- Watch the Penryn class in action
Staff at an accountants in Penryn have been getting a taste of laughter yoga.
The idea to snigger away their stresses.
Exercises include throwing pretend milkshakes...driving around in pretend cars and some kind of hokey cokey.
The theory is that laughter is good for wellbeing and boosting morale.
The boss says holding the workshop was worthwhile.
According to the Cornwall Laughter Clubs, laughter....
- Is great exercise for the diaphragm, facial and abdominal muscles
- Reduces stress hormones
- Increases endorphin release, your natural feel-good chemicals
- Refreshes oxygen, which aids blood flow to body and brain
- Boosts your immune system and is a natural painkiller
- Improves our connections with others
- Enhances and improves mood and creativity... and much more!
There are already monthly laughter clubs in Wadebridge and Falmouth and the classes are such a success that they could be launched across the Duchy.
It is clear Emma Graham plans to get the whole of Cornwall laughing.
Find out about events in the area on the Cornwall Laughter Clubs [Facebook page.](https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Cornwall%20Laughter%20Clubs%20(Laughter%20events%20in%20Kernow))